Sunday, October 14, 2007

Knitting, Films, and Books

I am currently sitting in front of my parents' computer, knitting a Jayne hat. It is a delight of fall colours and my parents think I'm nuts to be making one (I think I'll live). The Falk is going to be toasty warm around my ears this winter, I think. I'm making two - one for myself and one for Colin. I remember him loving Firefly two years ago when he saw it and Serenity for the first time, but I'm not sure if he remembers it.

I watched Serenity again tonight and then all of the bonus features, most of which were quite new to me. I loved it. I love Joss in general, actually, so that was no surprise. And enough people have called me a Browncoat that I suppose I'm one by default by now. I just need to figure out if Kaylee was, in fact, supposed to be played by an Asian actress originally - and how to get this from some kind of official source. (Okay, I suppose wanting to include Firefly in my thesis make me a Browncoat, wouldn't it?) I think I will watch the film with Joss' commentary tomorrow while I knit the ear flaps on the hats tomorrow. (Ear flaps. This might be interesting.) And then I will probably attempt to swallow Laurie Finke's Women's Writing, Feminist Theory whole.

No comments: