Friday, October 19, 2007

Pom-poms and Lace

The two Jayne hats still sit on the table, sans pom-poms. I'm trying to figure out pom-pom making from Internet instructions and I'm not sure if I'm bad at it, pom-pom making is a slow process, I'm doing it wrong, or if it's something else entirely. It might end up being a project to do Sunday night while we watch Firefly. On the plus side, Colin is delighted with the Jayne hat and was upset that I'm not going to let him take it until it has its rightful pom-pom in place. My concerns that he would not remember Firefly or Serenity are apparently unfounded.

On the plus side, the lace scarf is done. I'm not entirely sure what did it, but by the sixth repeat of the pattern, I found a rhythm and realised why everyone keeps telling me that lace knitting is relaxing. (Yes, I realise that I'm the one who was complaining so vocally about it before - now watch me look up lace scarf patterns on the internet for myself.) Mom likes the gift, even though I had to block it after I gave it to her.

(Yes, eventually there will be pictures of everything, but only after I get my hands on a working camera.)

Fall break is nearly over, which means returning to the Philadelphia airport, medieval literature, and school food. Blech. For plane reading, I have World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War and hopefully my iPod won't bite the dust again. I'll just cross my fingers and pray that there won't be another two hour delay on the flight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.