Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Adamas and Computer Woes

Yesterday, my computer did a double crash - within thirteen hours of one another. So I am currently without a personal computer and most of my knitting patterns and creative writing. It says something about how electronically dependent I am.

I had just cast on for a modified Roman Hat with Earflaps (without earflaps) as a Christmas gift for my uncle, but I put that aside. (It's an awesome brim pattern though.) I have picked up my Adamas pattern and Shadow yarn that were set aside over the summer and left on a shelf because I was lacking in the chart reading skill. Since today was laundry day and I couldn't surf the internet while I waited on the clothes, I brought the chart with me and spent several hours staring at it and trying to work it out logically in my head. Around 11 a.m. it clicked. Suddenly the chart which may as well have been written in hieroglyphics for all that I could understand it made sense to my eyes. Time will tell whether I made the right logical leap or if I'm on a wild goose chase - but the stitches are matching up in the right numbers and each mark on the paper has a sensible meaning now.

No comments: